This post series comes out once a month and it takes a peek into different areas of our home, relationship and life.
This month’s topic for Let’s Look is taking a peek at our Summer Bucket List!
In case you missed them, here are my previous Let’s Look posts:
- Let’s Look: Outdoor Organization
- Let’s Look: Fridge & Pantry
- Let’s Look: Perfect Night In
- Let’s Look: Love Language
- Let’s Look: Coffee Bar Area
Making a summer bucket list as a family allows everyone to have a voice of what they would like to do during the summer. It will also help you be intentional with making plans. If you don’t have a loose plan of what you want to do during the summer months, the days will keep passing you by and memories won’t be made.
It’s a good idea on Sunday to look at your schedule for the week and see where you can schedule in things off of your bucket list. This way you can still have down time but also have a plan to make memories as a family each week. We only have so many summers with our kids so let’s make it a FUN summer!
The Gimeno Family Summer 2021 Bucket List
- Collect sea shells at the beach
- Frozen yogurt
- Rearrange/reorganize playroom
- Mommy & me adventure
- Go to new museum
- Aquarium in Long Beach
- Pick up dinner and eat at the beach at sunset
- Family bike ride
- After dinner walks
- Watch shows as a family: Lego Masters & Master Chef Jr.
- Plant some flowers
- Go out to breakfast on random days
- Playdates with friends
- Pretend City
- Go to the movies
- Water park
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Joshua Tree
- Water balloon fight
- Circus Trix
- Lemonade stand
- Play Roblox as a family
- Morning smoothie & coffee chats to discuss day
- Family vacation
- Read daily
- Practice cursive writing
- Play sports outside
- Tyler learn to ride bike without training wheels
Our Daily Flexible Summer Schedule
- Sleep in, wake up at 8:00am
- Breakfast @ 8:00am
- Morning Chores @ 8:30am: make bed, clean up room, random chore chosen by mom, I work on blog
- 9:00am-work on workbooks together
- 9:45am- Read
- 10:15am-Get dressed for the day
- 10:30-Get outside play time with neighbor friends, mom works out in gym garage
- 1:00pm- Do item off of bucket list, activity or lesson off of Summer kit for families, craft, science experiment, cooking lesson with mom, swim in our pool, etc.
- 4:30pm-chill time: read, video games, tv show, etc. I work on blog
- 6:45/7pm- Dinner (we eat later in the spring & summer, it allows us more time to play and do other things)
- 8:00pm- bedtime routine: shower/ bath, read to Tyler
- 8:30pm-Tyler bed, Luke reads in bed for 30mins
- 9:00pm- Mom and Dad chill time
- 10:30pm-In bed: reading, watching tv, reading other peoples blogs
- 11:30pm-lights out
I would love to hear something off of your summer bucket list, please drop it in the comment section below. Have a great day, friends!