I don’t know about you but I love finding great tools to use in the kitchen. I wanted to round up my current favorites for you.Favorite Kitchen Gadgets by Julie Gimeno
- Egg Cutter : I use this tool often when I’m adding an egg to a salad or for a hard-boiled egg sandwich. I find that the egg and the yolk stay together easier.
- Citrus Juicer: This tool comes in handy when adding citrus to salads or cooking any recipe that calls for lemons or limes. You won’t have to worry about the seeds falling into your food and it really gets every bit of juice out of your citrus.
- Meat Masher: You will love this tool when you are breaking up ground beef or turkey or even sausage. It gets your meat into smaller pieces a lot faster than using a spatula or cooking spoon.
- Meat Shredders: I use these all the time when the recipe calls for shredded meat. It shreds up the meat a lot quicker than just using a fork.
- Garlic Peeler: I do use Trader Joes frozen minced garlic but when you do need to use a clove of garlic, this tool peels it beautifully and you don’t have to spend time getting the garlic completely unpeeled. Also, your hands don’t get all sticky from the garlic. You roll the garlic in the peeler and after a few rolls, out pops your garlic all ready to be chopped.
- Flat Sauce Whisk: This whisk comes in handy when making sauces. The fact that it is flat really helps get the sauce to the right consistency better than a regular whisk.
- Zester Grader: This zester makes it so easy to get the zest off of your citrus.
- Hand Blender: When a recipe calls for something to go in the blender, this tool is awesome. Very easy to use and minimal clean up of just the blade. The best part is you can blend it up right in the pot.
- Knife Sharpener: When your knives are starting to not cut up things like tomatoes easily just run your knife through this sharpener and you will be back in business.
- Easy Pour & Grip Mixing Bowls: I love that these bowls have grips on the bottom of them and it won’t move around when you are mixing, especially when the kiddos are helping out. They also have a pour component to them which helps with less cleanup and a cleaner pour.
- Silicone Oven Mitts: I don’t like doing extra laundry and these oven mitts do the job of protecting my hands and if they get dirty I just wash them off and no having to throw them into the laundry.
- Cell Phone Stand: When I’m reading a recipe off of my phone this stand comes in handy to hold my phone instead of my potential messy hands handling my phone. You can also charge your phone while it is on the stand. It also looks nice sitting on the stand while you are working at your desk.
I would love to hear what your favorite tool or gadget is to use in the kitchen? I love things that make prepping of food easier or that help to cut down on the cooking time or just provide a good purpose in the kitchen.